- Principal Attorney
Christina Watson Meier received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the State University of New York at Albany, and her Juris Doctorate from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts. Christina believes that to be an effective advocate, you must be actively engaged with your client and understand their objective and goals. Christina takes a pragmatic approach to problem solving and strives to make the legal process as stress-free as possible for our clients.
Christina is licensed to practice law in all New York State Courts as well as the United States District Court of the Northern District New York.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law, Estate Planning and Estate Administration
- Trusts and Trust Administration
- New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- Certified NYS Part 36 Guardian Ad Litem, Supplemental Needs Trustee, and Counsel to Guardian
- Certified NYS Part 36 MHL Article 81 Guardian, Court Evaluator, and Attorney for Alleged Incapacitated Person
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctorate
- State University of New York at Albany
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Adjunct Professor Schenectady County Community College
- Wills, Trusts and Estates, Fall 2016
- Business Law, Spring, 2017
- Christina lectures on the importance of estate planning, first time home-buying and protecting yourself from identity theft.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Schenectady County Bar Association, Member, Real Estate Committee
- Capital District Woman’s Bar Association
- Women’s Business Council, Capital Region Chamber, Program Committee Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
Past Employment Positions
- Toombs & Meier, PLLC, Partner, 2007 to 2010
Proud to be a part of
- Board of Directors, Colonie Senior Service Center
- Paralegal Advisory Board, Mildred Elley
- Building Committee, Boght Hills Elementary School, North Colonie School District