It’s Not Just Business;
It Is Personal.
Theresa B. Marangas received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the State University of New York at Albany and her Juris Doctorate from Quinnipiac University School of Law in Hamden, Connecticut. Theresa draws upon her extensive legal experience to skillfully address the needs of her clients with her hallmark compassion and integrity.
Theresa is licensed to practice in the United States Supreme Court, all of the federal district Courts for New York and Vermont, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and in the State of New York.
Areas of Practice
Estate Planning and Estate Administration
Business & Employment Law
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
U.S. District Court
» U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
» U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
» U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
» U.S. District Court Western District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Certified Trial Instructor, Master’s and Trial Programs: National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Hard Law School & Hofstra University
- Certified NYS Part 36 Guardian Ad Litem, Supplemental Needs Trustee, and Counsel to Guardian
- Certified NYS Part 36 MHL Article 81 Guardian, Court Evaluator, and Attorney for Alleged Incapacitated Person
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
» Juris Doctorate
State University of New York at Albany
» Bachelor of Arts
Theresa lectures on a wide variety of topics, including trial practice, ethics, and business law.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NYS 3rd Dept. – Judicial Screening Committee
NYS Bar Association, Member
Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York, Past Member
Women in Insurance & Financial Services, Past Member & Speaker
Proud to be a Part of
Recruited for NYSBA Task Force on Attorney Wellness
South End Children’s Café – Covid-19 Food Delivery Volunteer
- YWCA of the Greater Capital Region, Inc. – Member – Board of Directors
Women Against MS, Member – Planning & Honorary Committee
Arbonne International, Inc., Independent Consultant and Health & Wellness Coach
Women Presidents’ Organization, 2008-2014
Women@Work, Ambassador and Advisory Board Founding Member
Providing Practical and Honest Legal Services For Your Family
We proudly support active-duty military personnel, veterans, firefighters, police officers, and paramedics/EMTs. To show our appreciation, we offer discounts upon proof of service.